Does It Ever Cease . . .
the total nonsense coming out of Washington D.C.?
When I wake up in the morning, I retreat down stairs to the kitchen, turn the coffee pot on, and grab an oat, oat bran, and grd flax seed muffin loaded with fiber. I make these for myself (although my wife of 49 years grabs one on occasion) to combat cholesterol and add fiber to my daily diet for other purposes. In combination with extended walks outside or on a treadmill, I maintain.
Bears eat a lot of food before they hibernate and come out in Spring lean. For humans and when we go into Winter, we are much leaner than when we reappear outside in Spring. Hopes it warms up some more so I can get outside and enjoy.
At my computer this morning, as I normally am, and reading the news like I normally do. It is a ritual, along with the cup of grd chicory root and grd coffee brew, and the healthy muffin . It tastes pretty good to me as opposed to straight coffee. It is a ritual which I engage in besides letting the dog out for his daily ritual.
I am reading such topics as:
- Treasury orders Trump’s name printed on Stimulus checks; It will take a few more days of waiting while the checks are printed up. I might be impressed if he was pulling some of this money out of his wallet and handing it out. Why can’t my name be on there, at least on the check coming to me, as I pay taxes too?
- “I call it innovation under pressure;” Now you spit in a test tube similar to what you may do for a home genealogy kit may require you to do. Mr. Trump is taking credit for this great innovation too.
- President Donald Trump has instructed his administration to temporarily halt funding; He does not have the authority to halt funding. He can impound funding. This is not because the WHO is corrupt. It is another “big man” of the neighborhood antic amongst so much other bluster and bullying besides shifting the blame for the US pandemic. Trump will not take the blame or any part of it for anything and has openly admitted such.
- Total Authority; To lift restrictions governors have imposed to fight the coronavirus pandemic. “He can encourage, advise, or even litigate whether states’ authorities to restrict public movements (shelter in place or stay home orders) are warranted; he cannot tell sovereign governors to lift these orders all at once just because “he” or the federal government determines it is high time to do so.” I emphasize “he” here as it is solely him. And many Republican governors have failed to assert “states rights.”
- “No one who has needed a hospital bed has been denied a hospital bed” Michigan state Rep. Karen Whitsett (D) credits Trump for advocating the use of hydroxychloroquine treatment as it worked for her; however, “I’ve lost several family members to COVID, all in one household. My cousin, Cheryl Fowler was in ICU. She lost her husband who was turned away from numerous hospitals, as was she over four times. And within six hours, she lost her father-in-law, who was turned away numerous times.”
- Trump uses pandemic briefing to focus on himself, When the virus death toll in the United States past 23,000, unemployment claims are past 15 million, and lines for food banks stretch around the block in many places; Trump focuses on himself, “Everything we did was right.”
Will somebody just pat him on the back, tell him what a good boy he is, and its time for his nappy?
French test found hydroxychloroquine to have no effect against Covid.
Trump is a vainglorious bastard.
hit the wrong key!
The former is false, the latter is true.
Run, I have been saying it for weeks—tell him he is great and ship him down to Mar a Largo until January 20, 2021. Everything he has ever touched has ultimately turned to shit and unfortunately he was elected president of what used to be a great country 3 and a half years ago. The virus was not Trump’s fault but every wrong decision he has made in the last 3 and half years are. Enough
I can see and hear the fireworks, threats, and name calling when he loses. The magnitude of the pandemic is his fault.
Not fake news just not a clinical trial either. I know it is being used at Univ. of Colorado and Michigan hospitals (Robert will tell you similar). It is also being used at Montefiore Hospital. Chloroquine May Fight Covid-19—and Silicon Valley’s Into It . Anecdotally, neighbor’s older father (like me) next door were on it + zinc at Univ. of Michigan Hospital. He was out of the hospital in three days and into quarantine for 14 days. I suspect this was given to him when it just started.
This is all about protocol and what is the protocol for treating COVID 19 versus off label. Here is another thought against following protocol/. https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/08/doctors-say-ventilators-overused-for-covid-19/
I’ll save you from having to wait until coffee tomorrow morning: He is now threatening to adjourn congress so that he can install his judges.
Maybe he will have a breakdown and is committed? he needs to go.
Forgot, the answer is No.
Run, when push comes t shove, will your fellow Michiganders throw the bums out or continue to insist on their right to infect folks up north?
whether chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are effective against the symptoms of COVID-19 still seems to be open to question…however, it does seem fairly certain that using them off-label does increase the risk of fatal heart complications..
. “Within three days of starting the drugs, researchers started noticing heart arrhythmias in patients taking the higher dose. By the sixth day of treatment, 11 patients had died, leading to an immediate end to the high-dose segment of the trial,” The New York Times reported…
the “antimalarial medication hydroxychloroquine and the antibiotic azithromycin are currently gaining attention as potential treatments for COVID-19, and each have potential serious implications for people with existing cardiovascular disease,” according to a statement from The American Heart Association.
A Ground Hog Day drug.
In 82 I was one day away from death from malaria in a YMCA in Dar es Salaam. I was finally convinced that I indeed had malaria and made my way to a doctor. Blood was drawn and Doc told me I was lucky to be alive. He gave me a massive dose of chloroquine and told me to come back the next day for another dose. I remember thinking that the cure was almost as bad as the disease. It worked but man, I would never want to do that again.
“Michigan state Rep. Karen Whitsett (D) credits Trump for advocating the use of hydroxychloroquine treatment as it worked for her;” – How does she know it had an effect. There is no control. She may well have recovered the same without it.
Bull shit and I am going to ignore your comment because is dumb.
“Bull shit and I am going to ignore your comment because is dumb.”
[Maybe I am getting senile, but that seems entirely ambiguous. What did I miss?
In any case, I have been losing more weight in winter than summer since I retired five years ago. Down here in USDA plant hardiness zone 7 there are often less than 10 days per year with high temperatures below 40F. I mend fences, cut brush, and landscape in late fall, winter, and early spring. I had gotten to be 115 pounds overweight pounding out SAS code and just doing domestic chores during my last ten years of work. I had given up sport fishing and lifting weights, but still ate like I had before. Now down 60 pounds from my maximum obesity my energy level is noticeably increasing despite turning 71 in three days.
Depending upon where exactly in Michigan that you live your USDA PHZ may run from 6 to 4. If below 6 then I suggest for you either cross country skiing or just hiking in snow shoes.]