– “Missouri Republicans have drafted a bill that would allow parents to pull their children from science classes that are teaching the theory of evolution. According to the National Center for Science Education (NCSE), Missouri’s House Bill 1472 would effectively “eviscerate” the teaching of biology in the state.” Stupid is as stupid does. “Missouri GOP: Allow Parents to Pull Their Kids From Science Classes Teaching Evolution”
– “Drop Dead, Detroit!” Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson admitted, “Anytime I talk about Detroit, it will not be positive. Therefore, I’m called a Detroit basher. The truth hurts, you know? Tough shit.”
“I made a prediction a long time ago, and it’s come to pass. I said, ‘What we’re gonna do is turn Detroit into an Indian reservation, where we herd all the Indians into the city, build a fence around it, and then throw in the blankets and the corn.’” Stupid is as stupid does. Michigan GOPer:’Herd all the Indians’ to Detroit, build a fence and throw them some corn” Stupid is as stupid does.
– “Fox News host Martha MacCallum on Monday asserted that the solution to the arrest gap between black and white Americans was for African-Americans to smoke less marijuana. ”Fox’s MacCallum: Solution to high minority arrest rate is for blacks to smoke less weed. “Fox’s MacCallum: Solution to high minority arrest rate is for blacks to smoke less weed.” Stupid is as stupid does.
– “Sitting around that table we felt like a rag-tag grouping of Davids, in the historic Biblical story,” DeVos told me in an email. “But we left the table committed to doing our best to change Michigan’s future for the better.” Another wealthy wingnut trying to buy influence in government. As if he has not done much to influence the Michigan courts through his funding. QOTD: Dick DeVos Stupid is as stupid does.
– “On Thursday, an Orlando man shot and killed a 21-year-old who was fleeing his yard. He didn’t appear to be stealing anything, according to witness accounts. He didn’t appear to be threatening anybody. But Claudius Smith said he feared he was a burglar, followed him over the fence to a neighboring apartment complex, where he shot him after he said he felt threatened, according to a confession documented in an Orlando Police Department report. Smith even said he feared victim Ricardo Sanes was armed “because his pants were falling down” and his hands were in his hoodie pockets, according to a report obtained by the Orlando Sentinel.” Get off my lawn or I’ll shoot you dead. Stupid is as stupid does.