This coming weekend is the annual Jon Swift Memorial Blogroll Amnesty, the reasoned, proportionate response to some of the Bigger Names suddenly deciding that they needed to cull their recommendations. Swift’s brilliant (and certainly modest) proposal was that you should instead find five blogs with lower hits than you and recommend (i.e., promote) them, not drop them.
I don’t need to tell you to read Brad DeLong or Mark Thoma or Bill McBride—or David Altig or David Beckworth.or Jared Bernstein. Or anyone else who is probably already on the AB blog roll.
Things that have been disappearing from view as Blogroll Amnesty Years pass:
- Single-person blogs
- Blogs that are not always updated daily
- Blogs that are not themed but are rather “what the owner feels like mentioning”
The following five are my recommendations for this year, in alphabetical order:
- Andrew Rickard (updated almost every day; in perfect timing, just went on a week’s hiatus)
- A Boat Against the Current (Mike does update almost every day)
- The Hunting of the Snark
- You and Me, Dupree
- Underbelly (who sent me to Andrew Rickard)
and a bonus one, because you can never have enough (a) Canadian content or (b) food blogs, let alone both:
- Double Trouble, Kitchen Edition