This is taking longer than it should. For now, here is a “teaser” graphic, which I suspect is worth much more than 1,000 words:
Meanwhile, other (mostly related) thing you may want to read:
- Brenda Rosser find that everything new is old again.
- Steve Randy Waldman tells the truth about banks, and Shames the Devil, not to mention Tim Geithner
- Menzie Chinn discusses types of unemployment, and, implicitly, suggests that those who are arguing that structural unemployment (and, therefore, NAIRU) has risen are incorrect.
- James Hamilton notes that TARP was not the only program of support for financial institutions, nor will it likely be the last.
- Linda Beale finds Amartya Sen discussing “Rational Choice.”
- Rick Bookstaber raises a point Brad DeLong made a while back: inflation can be a very good solution to a true macro disaster.
- Mark Thoma finds David Cay Johnston’s examination of marginal rate data and economic growth.