Rudy Giuliani’s Twelve Commitments
Rudy pledges the following:
1. I will keep America on offense in the Terrorists’ War on Us.
2. I will end illegal immigration, secure our borders, and identify every non-citizen in our nation.
3. I will restore fiscal discipline and cut wasteful Washington spending.
4. I will cut taxes and reform the tax code.
5. I will impose accountability on Washington.
6. I will lead America towards energy independence.
7. I will give Americans more control over, and access to, healthcare with affordable and portable free-market solutions.
8. I will increase adoptions, decrease abortions, and protect the quality of life for our children.
9. I will reform the legal system and appoint strict constructionist judges.
10. I will ensure that every community in America is prepared for terrorist attacks and natural disasters.
11. I will provide access to a quality education to every child in America by giving real school choice to parents.
12. I will expand America’s involvement in the global economy and strengthen our reputation around the world.
Conservative James Joyner has his doubts over each one – especially #12:
How could we be more involved in the global economy? And how are you going to do this while shutting down our borders, chasing illegal aliens, and stopping the import of energy from abroad.
To explain, let’s go back to #2:
No, you won’t. And, frankly, I wouldn’t want to give you (or anyone else) enough power to “identify every non-citizen in our nation.” There are over 300 million people living here, stretched across a continental landmass. How on earth would you do that?
Excellent! I heard Rudy talking about #1 where he claimed we Democrats were for reducing our commitment to fighting the war on terrorism. Way to go Rudy – just flat out lie to the American people!
Update: I want to be fair and balanced so I should say something nice about Mitt Romney as well. Eric Kleefeld notes Barney Franks has done this for me:
The real Romney is clearly an extraordinarily ambitious man with no perceivable political principle whatsover. He is the most intellectually dishonest human being in the history of politics.
Update II: Greg Sargent has some details on Rudy’s dishonest Dem bashing.
Update III: AB reader Divorced one like Bush reminds us of the Contract On America. Compare Rudy’s commitments #3 and #4 to “the fiscal responsibility act”. When a Republican says he can balance the budget and cut taxes simply by reducing “waste Washington spending”, that Republican has told a big flat lie. Way to go Rudy!